• The Gas Safe Register allows you to check for approved and registered engineers. Check at this website if you have any questions regarding Gas Safe engineers and the work they carry out.
  • 1. By law, landlords must make sure annually:
    • Pipe work, appliances and flues provided for tenants are maintained in a safe condition;
    • That all appliances and flues that are provided by the landlord for their tenants use are checked for safety by a Gas Safe registered engineer annually;
    • That all gas appliances provided by the landlord for their tenants use are maintained by a Gas Safe registered engineer (normally manufacturers recommend annual maintenance for their appliances) and all gas equipment (including any appliance left by a previous tenant) is safe or otherwise removed before re-letting;
    • They provide a documented record of safety checks (landlords gas safety record) to the tenant within 28 days of completing the check or to any new tenant before they move in.
  • We update the maintenance tips and troubleshooting guidance from time to time and aim to make it as helpful as possible. The purpose of the maintenance and troubleshooting section of this website is to provide you with general guidance. Please ensure you read and follow our instructions carefully and do not undertake the maintenance or troubleshooting unless you are aged 18 or over, are competent to do so and are confident that you can complete the maintenance. If in doubt do not attempt any actions and where an appliance is gas fuelled refer to a Gas Safe engineer for assistance.

    This website is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice and does not:
    - cover every reason that your product could fail;
    - cover all of the maintenance that can be undertaken for your product;
    - supersede any advice in your instruction manual or from your product manufacturer.

    Do not carry out any maintenance or use the troubleshooting guide if it puts you or anyone else in danger or if you believe it may cause damage to your, or another person’s property.