• Domestic & General and our manufacturer partners will always use Gas Safe registered engineers for all gas appliance repairs and servicing, however if you would like to check an individual’s Gas Safe registration please follow the below steps.

    The Gas Safe website allows you to both find an approved engineer and to check their credentials. Click here to find Gas Safe registered engineers in your area.
  • 1. To check if an individual engineer is currently Gas Safe registered you will need to know their unique 7-digit licence number. You will find this on the engineerʼs Gas Safe ID card.

    Check a Gas safe Engineer online.
    Please note that Gas Safe issue engineers with a new ID card annually, and each new card will have a different licence number
  • 2. Check they are qualified to do the work.
    Gas engineers will often have a range of qualifications that allow them to carry out specific types of gas work. Itʼs important to check what work they are qualified to do before you use them.
  • We update the maintenance tips and troubleshooting guidance from time to time and aim to make it as helpful as possible. The purpose of the maintenance and troubleshooting section of this website is to provide you with general guidance. Please ensure you read and follow our instructions carefully and do not undertake the maintenance or troubleshooting unless you are aged 18 or over, are competent to do so and are confident that you can complete the maintenance. If in doubt do not attempt any actions and where an appliance is gas fuelled refer to a Gas Safe engineer for assistance.

    This website is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice and does not:
    - cover every reason that your product could fail;
    - cover all of the maintenance that can be undertaken for your product;
    - supersede any advice in your instruction manual or from your product manufacturer.

    Do not carry out any maintenance or use the troubleshooting guide if it puts you or anyone else in danger or if you believe it may cause damage to your, or another person’s property.